Monday, January 22, 2007

using a fork and the potty (warning, slightly gross)

Hannah successfully stabbed carrots and potatoes from tonight's leftover pot roast and got them to her mouth.

After dinner and before bathtime, we decided to set her on the potty just to start getting her used to it. (Some moms on a message board I'm on said they had better luck when they started early than with the kids they waited... I'm not about to go hih pressure or let her run around without a diaper so she can feel her pee or anything, but I figure introducing her slowly can't hurt.) The poop that was on already her bottom but we did not smell for some reasonproceeded to fall into the toilet, as if she had just gone. She was more concerned with getting in the bathtub than sitting on the potty, but we showed her the poop, flushed it, and congratulated her as though she had really accomplished something big. She was just glad to get into the bathtub after her bottom was wiped clean.

No comments:

Bear & Buddy:

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers