Tuesday, October 23, 2007

raingirl

Our reprieve from the drought has continued, and the grass almost has a surreal brightness to it, as though you were looking at it through a special lens which enhances the color. Bear wanted to go outside, and since the rain was fairly gentle, I gave in. I love the fresh smell of a cleansing, soaking rain. She was still in her jammies, and we put on her crocs- shoes that can handle the water.

She played with her pie plate full of rocks, picking some of them up and rinsing them under the gutter spout. Then she stepped off the porch and stepped into the rain catcher tray thingy that is next to the garage. She drowned a mum blossom in the water, then decided to step into the stream, exclaiming, "pitter-patter, pitter-patter splash splash SPLASH!" This was a game we played in the pool down in Gulf Shores, and apparently it works as well for puddle jumping as it does for splashing in the swimming pool.

By the time we came inside, her hair was really curly, her jammies were soaked, and she was glad to change into a clean outfit and get warm. She also clutched a handful of mum flowers in her fist.

2 comments:

Sara said...

SOunds like great fun to me. I remember dancing in a rain storm with my mom once, I was around 12 though.

crt said...

yay!

Bear & Buddy:

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers