Friday, August 01, 2008

the poll in the sidebar

Since that results are over half the questions, here they are so you can cast your vote more accurately:

Do/did you make your children play with just one color of play dough at a time?

___ Yes, can't stand it when it turns brown from all the mixing...
___ Nah, what's the point?
___ Play dough smells bad, they don't play with it.

For the record, my vote was for option 2. But I do limit how often it gets played with around here, depending on how bad my gag reflex is that day.

3 comments:

happymcfamily said...

I voted yes. (what a surprise). Part of the reasoning though isn't just my own type A-ness. When I subbed at J's preschool last year, I noticed that it was a rule for the kids not to mix the play-dough. So I thought it would be a good idea to remain consistent between the two locations with rule-teaching at this age.

Lauren said...

that makes sense, especially in the preschool environment. I just enjoy getting things done and not having to swap out colors while she is playing.

crt said...

ok, so you already know what my vote was! :-) mix away! it's great fun, so why not. besides you can sit down take bits and show them red + blue = purple, etc. they get to learn about colors on a different level.

Bear & Buddy:

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers