Saturday, January 09, 2010

first words

I have not tracked all of Buddy's 1sts as well as I did with Bear.  He is definitely becoming more verbal.  He likes to say Mama and Dada, of course.  He says a nice throaty "aaaagh" while holding his baby triceratops toy or Bear's pterodactyl.  He tries to say or sign "please" and "thank you" when prompted.  His current favorite?  "Hot", which sounds a bit more like "ha."  He'll point to his plate and say, "hot."  When something is in the oven, he does the same.  This morning he walked over to the stove and pointed toward the steam rising from my pot of water for tea.  You guessed it, "Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha!"  (He actually kept me from ruining another pan.)  And last night when we were out about, he said, "co" in reference to the COLD winter air.  No problem with this kid's comprehension.

1 comment:

zann said...

So I've just been reading up on Buddy. I've been a bit behind on blog reading.. I kinda let it laps here and there. But my word he and Kara could be the same child with the things they are doing. We just got a potty seat too. We get the hot, hot, hot (which also sounds like ha)and the attempts to figure out door handles and locks. Sounds like they are both right on track for their ages.

Bear & Buddy:

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers