hannah's sign language proficiency is increasing. she uses the signs for "more", "please", and "eat" appropriately. she's well on her way to having the sign for "cookie" down, thanks to the batch i made and let her taste earlier this week, and of course she nods "yes" or "no". today, after peeing on the carpet, she lifted her fist like she was trying to do the sign for "potty"... a little late, but hey. nothing oxyclean carpet cleaner can't fix. she also thought we came in too early and began pounding on the front door to go outside. i told her to ask nicely, she stopped crying and signed "please". since she asked so nicely, i put her in the stroller and we went for a walk.
she was given a radio flyer toddler tricycle from a neighbor who outgrew his. it has a handle for the parents to steer from the back. her feet touch the pedals, but she has not figured out how to really use them yet. she doesn't quite reach the ground, but she is content to let mommy or daddy drive. she has figured out how to ring the bell on the handlebar, and it makes her giggle.


3 comments:
I lovr that you are doing the sign language--Jean's daughter does it and her girls really enjoy it!!Where do you get it --on line somewhere I suppose!!
I found a video called Talking Hands at Babies R Us, and Hannah really likes it. There is also series called signing time at the library; I've requested a transfer from another branch when it is returned by whoever has it checked out. I've heard really good things about that one.
It definitely seems to be helping ease her frustration with not being able to talk yet.
I actually used some money from Grandma M. to buy that video a while back.
Post a Comment