Monday, August 20, 2007

playground and piggies

When I picked Hannah up from her nursery class at church yesterday, she proudly showed me her craft... paper piggies and chicks, which she had "colored" (blue scribbles), and her teachers had helped her glue to a clothespin. (The lesson was that God created the animals.)

As we drove to the playground this morning, Hannah saw her piggies in the cup holder and asked for them. "Piggies, please?"

When we arrived at the playground, I told her the piggies would wait for us in the car. I grabbed the towels (for drying the still wet slides and swings), and Hannah ran toward the "paygound".

She climbed up the 3-rung ladder all by herself, slid down slides, played peek-a-boo through the window and tunnel, and of course, spent several minutes swinging. She giggled hysterically as I tried to teach her to straighten and bend her knees while swinging.

Upon our return home, Hannah clutched her stuffed bunny, sun visor, and of course, her precious pigges. "I got my piggies!" she exclaimed.

1 comment:

happymcfamily said...

The terminology that has helped Juliana pump her legs without me actually physically pumping them for her is "legs up, legs back". For some reason she thinks it's really fun for me to say this and for her to do it in rhythm with the swing. However, she does eventually get silly and start spuratically wagging her legs.

Bear & Buddy:

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers