Tuesday, October 07, 2008

6 weeks already?

6 weeks ago this morning, I finally went into labor at 40 weeks 5 days. Time is passing too quickly, as Brandon is waking up. Everyone comments on how alert he is during his wakeful periods.
Today, he activated the music and lights on his play mat by reaching for his toys. I'm not sure if he realizes the connection yet, or is just beginning to reach toward objects, but I still think it's pretty cool. Hannah loves to help, whether it's by bringing us his paci (and stuffing it in his mouth), a diaper for a change, or even wiping. As I was changing his diaper this morning, Hannah pointed to his boy "parts" and asked, "what's that?" I was wondering when she would ask. She is also still amazed that his umbilical cord fell off and left his belly button in place.

He's a pretty good sleeper... 2 4-hour stretches between feedings last night, and in the past week he has slept for 6 hours 3 times. During the day he is not as fond of sleeping, and prefers to be held. But I'll take sleep at night any day and cherish the cuddle times during the day... they will pass far too quickly! He also tends to spit up a lot, though after some feedings he doesn't very much, which leaves mommy confused. He smiles more every day, and the sounds of his "coos" change.
6 weeks- what are they looking at?


sometimes sissy comes on a bit too strong

playing "together"- Brandon 6 weeks, Hannah 35 1/2 months

3 comments:

crt said...

i think they look so much alike. esp. the middle pict. bear make the exact same face.

Lauren said...

Yep, they do, especially as he gets older. And he has the same response to having the bottle taken from him for burping that she did... screams his lungs out like he's Ethiopian! :)

Proud Mommy of 2 said...

I LOVED catching up on your blog today, Ren! Such beautiful pics of your kiddos... :) I will be back soon!

Love ya,
Steph.

Bear & Buddy:

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers