Tuesday, February 03, 2009

5 months

Okay, so I'm not keeping up with this thing as well as I used to. It's hard to believe that we've entered the 5th month of having two kids! Sister and brother love each other... their faces light up upon sight of the other. It's the sweetest thing to observe, and I hope that even when they go through phases of sibling rivalry, etc., they will always be best friends. Brandon is so used to his sister's hugs that when he met our friend's 2-month-old, he leaned right over to give him a hug. And when they laid on the floor next to eachother, they held hands. SOOO sweet!!!

Not sure about the weight gain, but some 6-9 month clothes are fitting in addition to the 3-6. (Some of the sleeves are too short on those.)

we've started solids: rice cereal, oatmeal, and pears so far. He loves them, and will grab the spoon and shove it all the way back to his throat until he gags if we don't hold him back. He also loves to reach for our foods and drinks, no matter what they are. I let him taste some brown rice at Pei Wei yesterday, he loved that, too.

He rolls over from back to tummy occasionally, plays well in his exersaucer with a pillow under his feet... his legs are a tad short to touch steadily, and I don't want to crunch him you-know-where. He seems to enjoy tummy time more and more, spits up less most of the time, and my friend who is a physical therapist said she thinks he's about a month ahead in strength because he sits up so well, even though he does face plant every once in a while. I think there is something to the theory that boys are naturally stronger than girls. He is also beginning to pick up objects

Last night, he slept in his crib in the room he and Hannah share all night!!! That is a milestone. A big one. (He's beens leeping in the travel-lite crib in our room, even though it has about 1 inch left of length in it.) I haven't even replaced the batteries on the mobile yet, but he fell asleep quite well and stayed down until 7:30 a.m. Sissy slept all night, too. :)

No comments:

Bear & Buddy:

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers