Wednesday, June 06, 2007

gramma's influence

Last night, I made a couple of pots of Folgers. The first was to see if I could mke a homemade Caramel Frappucino instead of forking out $4 at the chain coffee place down the street. Stale Folgers is not a substitute for Starbucks, just as Starbucks is no substitute for my mother-in-law's coffee. (or brother-in-law's for that matter).

As soon as she noticed what I was doing, Hannah began chanting her version for "coffee" (coincidentally, it's a Spanish swear word, so we have to work on that). Then she said, "More!"

This morning as I cut up canteloupe for Breakfast, she pointed toward the coffee grinder and pot and did the same thing. We were only at her Gramma's a week in May but the daily coffee ritual apparently made a big impact on her. Gramma must have slipped her a sip when I wasn't looking!

3 comments:

Tech Mom said...

Well she got it!! I told her "coffee good" and she shook her head yes!!

Caslon said...

It's beginning! I got my coffee addiction from being at Grandma M's house - of course it was Grandpa that did it. He put so much sugar in his coffee it tasted like desert.

Lauren said...

interesting sidenote... last night, i asked my cousin if he wanted me to mtry to make him some coffee. he actually asked if tea would be too much trouble! hopefully, she'l like both!

Bear & Buddy:

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers