For whatever reason, Hannah and I had not yet made it to the weekly toddler/preschool story time at the library. With temperatures abnormally high outside, we had to get out and do something. So this morning we headed over to the closest library. We arrived early, so we played with puzzles and looked at books for a few minutes. As soon as everyone began filing into the Story Room, Hannah became overwhelmed by the # of people and clung to me. She had her raccoon and sippy cup, but I think the sheer number of people intimidated her.
The storyteller was actually a Kindermusik teacher, and my shy girl gradually warmed up. She even tackled the 4 year old girl next to us with a great big hug. She loved the rhythm sticks and scarves/"butterfly wings". I am not sure that I'm willing to drive all the way to Vandy for Kindermusik classes, but I will be glad to see what's in store during the library's weekly story time.
When it was over, we headed outside to the playground, where my brave girl climbed up and down the steps, attempted to climb up and down the ladder, and slid down the slides faster than she ever has before... so fast that she landed on her bottom in the wood chips because Mommy couldn't get there to catch her in time.


4 comments:
Which one did you go to? The 10 or the 11? We were supposed to go, but SOMEONE did not eat their breakfast. She really really wants to go though and talks about the libeary all the time. When push comes to shove though, she does whatever it takes to NOT go. Hmmm. . .
sounds fun
We went to the 10:00. I thought about calling... maybe next week?
Sounds like Hannah had an exciting day! There are several Kindermusik programs in the area, aside from the one at Vandy. Lilly and I are starting Kindermusik after Labor Day in Murfreesboro... it should be fun.
Post a Comment