Friday, March 14, 2008

growing up

hannah bear has begun calling me "mom" sometime in the past week. not just mama or mommy, but "mom". it makes me a little sad.

she's using simile's...
for example, her grape she is "eating" rolls "like a ball"
she'll see a colored object, and say it's "yellow like a banana" (for example)

yesterday at the garden center, she correctly identified flats of tulips which are not yet in bloom because she recognized their shape. i may be grooming her to be a botanist or florist.

2 comments:

Proud Mommy of 2 said...

what a smart little girl you have! She's already calling you "mom"... wow!

Anonymous said...

yeah! You're up and online again! LOL

Makes me sad, too. I remember the first time I heard my brother calling mom "mom". It shocked me, and I promptly told him he "wasn't old enough" to do that yet. I must have been about 3 or 4. Of course, he sharply disagreed, and a sibling conflict resulted. Ha! Strange the things we remember, huh? I don't remember how it all ended, but I must have conceded defeat, since my mom is definitely "mom" to me! :0)

Have a great weekend, 'ren.

- Anna

Bear & Buddy:

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers