Yep... not quite 8 weeks, and we put him in nursery today! When we were at church 2 weeks ago, I had a hard time focusing and ended up feeding him and not hearing the message. While I waited for Joel in the hallway, I toyed with the idea of putting him in the baby nursery. I didn't think he would need a bottle today, but he had been fussy earlier and I just did not know how I would do with him away from me so soon. Yet I really wanted to listen to the pastor's sermon, and even in the nursing mom's room, I always had a hard time focusing with Bear. (Though I did enjoy chatting with other Moms in there!)
Well, I peeked in and they did not look too crowded yet. I know the nursery workers and trust them, but infants can be easy or needy, and it's usually one extreme or the other. A lady who I have worked with in nursery before passed by and said that if I was putting him in, she would go in and be an extra hand. So that settled it. We signed him in and went on to the worship service.. without the baby. It was a lot harder than I expected it to be with child #2, but no tears were shed.
It turns out that today was also fire drill day, so Brandon was able to go for a walk outside! Well, in someone's arms, of course.


2 comments:
interesting we put kara in the nursery right at 8 weeks too, mainly because we wanted to be part of the "Raising Great Kids" class that met across the hall. It was hard... I'm terrified she's going to catch something from the other kids, but so far so good.
Yay for you, Ren! Glad to hear you were able to enjoy the sermon w/out being distracted w/a baby... :) Love ya!
Post a Comment