I haven't taken Brandon in for his 1 year check-up yet, and he's 13 months. He's big. And walking more every day. And climbing to the point that he scares me, but I don't want to confine him into the saucer ALL the time. However, I might have to if he does not stop being such a dare devil. I really am getting scared that he might hurt himself by climbing, and falling and cracking his skull. When he heard Daddy's voice through the phone, he said "da-da." He LOVES the phone... puts it up next to his ear and grins. He also loves talking to his Grandparents. Every once in a while I get a reminder that he's still a baby. He woke up at 10:30 last night for some milk, which was followed by snuggle time on Mommy's shoulder. I don't mind the wake-up at that time, especially since he tends to sleep in until 8 am most days now.
Hannah is growing up, too, obviously. I can't believe her 4th birthday is approaching sooo quickly. She's handing daddy's mid-week absence for training so well. We're almost 1/4 of the way done! She does ask about him, and sometimes when she misses him a lot, she tears up but won't talk to him, but she's doing well. She tries to watch out for little bro, most of the time, except when she wants to wrestle him or hug his neck. (Sometimes she forgets that she's not gentle enough.) She resumed gymnastics this week, and really seemed to like it. She loves old She-Ra videos and her all things princess (disney or Barbie) and Fairytopia. She asks about our old friends and our old house, but she also loves having a playground in walking distance as well as a swimming pool and balcony. She has taken to sleeping in Mommy's bed while Daddy is away, which would not be so bad except she hogs it. I love cuddling, but don't like feeling pushed out of my own bed. One of her favorite nightime phrases is ," Mommy, I NEED you!!!"


1 comment:
I love hearing about the kids--it means a lot...
Post a Comment