Thursday, October 22, 2009

Watch out world! (and watch your stuff)

Buddy is walking. Almost running. And he likes to hide things. As I type this, he's trying to hide his jammie-clad self and a clean diaper which he confiscated out of his cainet behind a small wicker chest. I suspect the chest will not survive the attack, as little pieces keep cracking off. My camera is down in the car, Bear is in the bathrub, and I am trying to understand his fascination with cramming himself into tight places. He also retrieved a sock he had hidden back there. This morning I found a toy train in the top of the diaper champ, along with wipes he thought needed to be thrown away. In the past 5 minutes, I have picked him up and moved him no less than 10 times. He's behaving almost like a puppy who has found its spot to mark... but he is dressed, so I don't have to worry about cleaning up that kind of mess this time. Ok, to his play saucer he goes. If you keep up with me on facebook, you know this attempt to corral the kid won't last long. He has figured out how to climb out. He grips around the top and under the edges with his fists. Kicks his legs back and tries to shimmy his legs up through the seat. Then he either shakes the saucer til it tips over and he climbs out sideways, or manages to straddle one leg over the side and then the other without tipping it. Except right now he's tired and getting frustrated instead of remaining determined. (Yes, I do believe it's time to clean up the saucer and put it into storage.) I smile at him from across and he cries in protest. I do believe it's time to finish off that sippy cup and go to bed, son.

No comments:

Bear & Buddy:

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers